Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream (with a Spirulina twist)
If you love mint chocolate chip ice cream but don’t love green food coloring, try making it with spirulina instead. This recipe is dairy free.
- 2 cups Raw, unsalted Cashew nuts
- handful Fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp Organics NZ Spirulina Powder
- Soak the cashew nuts in water overnight.
- Drain and add to a high-powered blender with fresh mint leaves, maple syrup, water, coconut oil and Organics NZ Spirulina Powder.
- Blend it until smooth, then place in the freezer in a covered container. Stir it every hour until it freezes up and resembles ice cream.
- Optional: add cacao nibs before you freeze it!