Raw Dark Chocolate
Raw dark Chocolate - with a Spirulina energy boost
This delightful Raw Spirulina Chocolate is surprisingly yummy (albeit bitter for my liking) chocolate recipe is a winner, perhaps for your conscience too. I made some last week and had it setting in the fridge, that evening my 11year old daughter had a piece or 5. I later told her it was Spirulina Chocolate and she looked very surprised, but went on to say it was really nice and took another piece.
- 50 g cocoa powder OR 50g cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Organics NZ maca powder can be swapped for additional cocoa or cacau if you don't have it
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Organics NZ spirulina powder
- 6 dates chopped
- 30 g coconut oil, plus a little extra for greasing
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.Add all of the powders and chopped dates into a high powered food processor and blend until the dates are completely ground.
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a small bowl, you can do this in the microwave or over a bowl of hot water.
- Stir in the powder mix and maple syrup. Mix well until everything is fully combined.
- Grease a 4inch x 6inch (or thereabouts) container with the extra coconut oil and spoon in the chocolate mix. Press firmly and evenly into the container.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least fifteen minutes, then cut into squares to serve. Store in the fridge until needed - it'll keep for at least a week if covered.