Raw, Vegan, dairy and gluten free energy snack bars.
Raw Vegan, dairy & gluten free energy bars
Delicious super tasty, snack bars. Raw, vegan, gluten and dairy free. Offering a sweet, chewy, high energy, high fibre, and a good source of protein. Taking less than 30 minutes (plus 30 mins freezing time) to make these snacks. Enjoy in moderation of course … these are kind of “energy bars” so they are packed with calories and natural sugars!
- 2 tbsp Coconut Nectar I used Honey but you could use any liquid sweetener you have in the pantry
- handful Silver Beet or Spinach helps make the glorious green colour
- 1/4 tsp Organics NZ Turmeric powder I used 3x 500mg Tablets
- 1/4 tsp Organics NZ Spirulina powder also helps with the colour
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 1 cup Ground almond
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Soft dates
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds I didn't have these, and used sesame seeds instead, you could use Chia.
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Organics NZ Maca powder
- Place Marzipan ingredients (coconut nectar or your variation, turmeric, spirulina) into blender and blend until smooth. Then slowly add the remaining ingredients (almond, shredded coconut, coconut oil) until you get a very firm dough with a marzipan texture. Then, when the marzipan is done, move it to baking paper/parchment paper, making a long oblong shape. Place another piece of baking/parchment paper on top and roll it out as flat as possible with a rolling pin. Let it rest while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, place all Filling ingredients into a food processor and process until all the dates and other ingredients are blended together, like dough.
- Peel off the top baking/parchment paper from the marzipan, add the Filling to the top of the marzipan. (in the middle or to one side) So you have a strip of the filling going all the way down the marzipan.
- Now comes the really fun part. Put the baking/parchment paper back on top of the complete mixture and begin rolling the marzipan so it rolls/wraps around the filling. Keep the paper fairly tight to avoid air bubbles and this will make a nice looking roll also. Remove the top baking/parchment paper and turn the log over, so the join is underneath. Trim the ends and use a small amount of water to seal the corner joins. Smooth the marzipan over with your hands so the warmth gives it a smooth finish.
- Put the finished roll, wrapped in the baking/parchment paper, into the freezer for 30min. This will harden the roll making it easer to cut it into bars. Enjoy!